Here goes, to make a snack of savoury popcorn for two people:
1) Heat a tablespoon of waxy coconut oil - solid at room temperature - in a pan on a high heat, until it's all melted.
2) Drop in three or four kernels, put the lid on, and wait.
3) When they start to pop, pour in 1/4 cup (American) of popcorn kernels, and remove from the heat.
4) Count 30 seconds while keeping these kernels off the heat. This brings them all down to roughly the same temperature, so that when they pop, they do so at about the same time - avoiding any burnt popcorn.
5) After 30 seconds, place back on the high heat, keep the lid on, and wait.
6) As they start to pop, gently shake the pan on the hob. The popping will get ferocious. It's great fun to watch if your pan has a glass lid - but keep the lid on firmly, as the popcorn will spit.
7) When the pops diminish with about two seconds in between each one, take the popcorn off the heat and pour immediately into a large bowl. Season liberally with two tablespoons of the nutritional yeast, for a cheesy flavour packed with B Vitamins, or with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Ultimate Picture Palace this weekend.